For people who do not have their own transport or wish to share transport costs, there is an alternative. This requires checking membership details prior to be accepted for joining. This scheme is subject to availability and requires individual members participating in the scheme.
- Car Sharing Scheme (Subject to availability)
- Berkshire Walkers Members Only (Membership Checks Required Before Joining Scheme)
Car Sharing Scheme
- Berkshire Walkers have put together a car sharing scheme using a Google Group account. This facility allows a member to offer a lift or ask for a lift to any particular walk by posting a message to the group.
- This may be done by either logging into the BW Car Share group or by emailing. (This is a closed user group to prevent member’s email addresses and mobile numbers being visible on the internet/web.).
- If you would like to participate in this car sharing scheme, either to offer lifts or to receive lifts, please send an email with subject of JOIN to transport (at) berkshirewalkers.co.uk. In the main text of the email, please provide your ramblers membership number and indicate whether you are a car owner.
- Please allow time for your membership details to be confirmed before your invitation and joining instructions are dispatched.
- This scheme will only work with the participation of our membership so let’s see those JOIN emails!