This is an easy circular walk from Aldermaston station taking in the Kennet and Avon Canal, the local countryside and a pub stop near the end.
We will start by walking east along the Kennet and Avon Canal until Tyle Mill. There will then be a short stretch of road walking to Sulhamstead where will pick up the path heading back to Aldermaston. Before the pub there will be a lunch stop. The pub stop will be at the Hind’s Head. The final part of the walk is just over 1 ½ miles back to Aldermaston station.
If coming from Reading, please take the 10:12am departure which arrives at Aldermaton at 10:24am.
Trains run approximately every hour to Reading and Newbury.
Parking is available at the station.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 12 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.