6.5 Mile circular walk from Aldermaston via Beenham, Bradfield Southend and Chapel Row
We will meet at Aldermaston Station for a 9.30am start. If you are coming from Reading, take the 9.06am which will arrive at Aldermaston station for 9.18am. If you are coming from Newbury take the 9.12am which will arrive at Aldermaston for 9.25am. If the train is late, the start of the walk will be too. Limited parking is available at the station.
Usually my walks go South from the Station but this time I’m having a change! We are heading North for a change. The walk will take us from Aldermaston Station up towards Beenham Church after going through Shrub Wood.
The footpaths of West Berkshire take us onwards and gently upwards towards the outskirts of Bradfield Southend. Meandering our way through King’s Copse before dropping down into Chapel Row.
Heading out of Chapel Row we are making our way back towards Aldermaston Station. The route back will take us through the managed woodland of Greyfield Copse. We may get the chance to see people working in the woodland helping to restore and protect it for the future.
The walk will continue with us heading back through part of Beenham (not the same part as at the beginning of the walk) and walking along the edge of Old Copse.
The final leg back to the station will give us some lovely views across towards Aldermaston (weather permitting). As we cross back over the A4 the station will be a few minutes up the road.
This walk starts at 9.30am and is only 6.5 miles so there is NO lunch stop. We will be finished before lunch. Please bring a snack maybe (or your breakfast) and some water for the journey.
Please be aware that these paths could be busy at times to please be considerate to other path users and step to the side to let people past – but also don’t forget to say ‘HI’ or Thank You’.
If you are coming from Reading, take the 9.06am which will arrive at Aldermaston station for 9.18am. If you are coming from Newbury take the 9.12am which will arrive at Aldermaston for 9.25am.
Parking available at the station or in nearby streets.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com