This 3 mile circuit walk is an evening stroll in the Oxfordshire countryside, featuring woods, fields and a nice pub at the end.
Meeting at the Packhorse pub on Woodcote Road, we will head off into Bardolph’s Wood to Tokers Green, before joining the Chiltern Way Extension near Caversham Heath Golf Club. From there, it is a pleasant walk along field paths and back lanes to return to the Packhorse.
The walk leader intends to travel on the X40 bus leaving Station Road in central Reading (stop SB) at 17.00 (although may board at one of the Caversham stops).
Parking has been requested at the pub car park.
Please note that there are two pubs with similar names on this road. The walk DOES NOT begin at the Pack Saddle, which is the first of the two you will reach coming from the Reading direction. Please continue to drive or remain on the bus to the Packhorse, which is just under 1 mile further on.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.