This 8.5-mile circular walk from Reading heads along the Thames, then returns through woodland in the dark.
After leaving Reading station, this circular walk starts with an afternoon stroll along the Thames, then heads over the county border and up into Oxfordshire fields. Subject to space and weather, we’ll stop at Loddon Brewery’s outdoor tapyard for a pint of Hocus Pocus or a hot chocolate etc. After sunset we’ll take a shorter route back down to Reading through the woods.
In the spooktacular spirit of Halloween, the return walk will be dark (remember the clocks go back!) and there will be tree branches and roots and uneven ground, so please bring a head torch if possible. It will also be colder, so please dress appropriately – Halloween theme optional 🎃
Train (eg. 14.11 from Maidenhead, 14.02 from Wokingham, 13.53 from Newbury) or bus.
Car parking options include station (£9) or Kings Meadow (£5.50).
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a drink and a snack.
- Please note: there is NO lunch stop on this walk.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.