Enjoy the last of the autumn leaves on this beautiful walk around the Henley countryside
This gentle walk takes in a mixture, of towpath, fields, woodland and golf course. During the recce a couple of weekends ago the trees were looking spectacular so I’m hoping they will hold out for us.
We will start this walk by following the towpath south, passing through the lock, and enjoying the opportunity to look at the grand houses that line the Thames (window shopping optional). We then pick up the Chiltern Way covering a mixture of tracks and woodland taking us through Lower Shiplake before reaching Binfield Heath. From here we head north again, passing close to Crowsley Park, and then up to Rotherfield Peppard and Rotherfield Green. Crossing fields we get to Lambridge Holes, a beautiful wood, which was my favourite part of the recce. We then begin our return to Henley, passing through Badgemore Park Golf Club, where we will be careful to avoid flying golf balls. On our return to Henley we will frequent one of the many pubs (suggestions welcome). Please be prepared for a couple of small hills and uneven ground underfoot. Good footwear definitely recommended.
If travelling by train please get the 09:22 from Reading, changing at Twyford which gets into Henley at 9:58.
Parking is available at Henley station (charges apply), otherwise there are many other car parks available around Henley.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 25 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.