161 Praed St
Tyburnia, London W2 1RL
This 5 point something walk will take you through Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill for some sightseeing.
After some ‘urban exploring’ through Marylebone and saying hello to Sherlock outside Baker Street, we will explore Regent’s Park. We will spent quite a bit of time exploring inside the inner circle. After this we will walk around the boating lake and via the football and rugby pitches towards Primrose Hill.
Crossing over Regent’s Canal we will enter Primrose Hill, walk to the far end and then come back via the scenic viewpoint where you can see the London skyline (if you would like to combine this into a snack stop please say). We will then re-enter The Broad Walk and walk back through Regent’s Park.
At this point, you will be free decide what you would like to do. The finish time should be around 3:30–4pm. The Bakerloo line from Regent’s Park Station will take you back to Paddington station. If you would like to stay on for a meal you are more than welcome to do so. Sadly, I have struggled to find anywhere in the area that is inexpensive, good quality and fits up to 20 guests with different tastes and requirements, so you will be left to split up into groups or do your own thing. You are not far from China Town via Tube. Icco is a half hour walk and makes fresh pizza to order at £6, which is the leader’s former regular haunt.
Transport and Covid
Please note that social distancing will likely be difficult on the train and non-existent on the Tube. Masks must also be worn unless you are exempt. If you would like to avoid the Tube, e.g. you do not like escalators, then please get an earlier train to London to give you extra time for the bus.
It will be about one mile to get to Regent’s Park. Whilst we are in the parks, please feel free to wander and walk at your own pace. Whilst we are walking to the parks, please keep up so we (i.e. the leader) doesn’t lose anyone.
There are public toilets available on this route however, most charge 20p. Some accept contactless payment if you do not have change.
By public transport
Any train to London Paddington arriving before 1:30pm.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a drink and a snack.
- Please note: there is NO lunch stop on this walk.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.