This 9 mile circular walk from Goring takes in the Moulsford Downs and ends with a pub lunch social in Streatley.
Starting at Goring train station we’ll head north along the Berkshire bank of the Thames and enjoy this beautiful stretch of the river, taking in the weirs and islands along the way. We’ll then head west through the Moulsford Downs, gently assending through woodland, before returning to Streatley along the Ridgeway. The walk will end less than a mile from Goring station at the Bull Inn in Streatley where you’re welcome to stay for a pub lunch. The Unhill Wood will provide some nice shelter while we’re assending, but most of this walk is in the open. If it is a sunny day (fingers crossed) please remember sunscreen / a hat. Hopefully we’ll be eating in the pub garden too.
Goring and Streatley station. The walk leader will be on the 09:53 from Reading, arriving at 10:05. The walk will start once this train arrives.
Car parking is available at Goring and Streatley station. £4.20 for the whole day. Full details here; https://www.apcoa.co.uk/parking/reading/goring-streatley-station/
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a drink and a snack.
- Please note: there is NO lunch stop on this walk.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.