We shall meet outside Sandhurst station towards the High Street (Platform 2 side) but not to block the path we can congregate on top of the private road also called the High Street, which if coming station from Platform 1 as you exit go left and underneath the arch towards the High Street or if coming from Platform 2 turn left as you exit and walk towards the High Street and I’ll probably wave at you.
From here we take the Blackwater Valley Path which we shall take until we reach Sandhurst Memorial Park. We then cross into Wildmoor Heath Nature Reserve (this path can be muddy even in summer) and this leads us into Edgbarrow Woods. We head back to the station via some residential roads.
I have set this walk as easy but note there are a couple of ups and downs.
If catching the train from Reading, please take the 17.50 departure which arrives at Sandhurst at 18.09.
There is no car park at Sandhurst station, however there is a parade of shops nearby (on Yorktown Road GU47 9DU) where there is free parking after 6pm, or use side streets.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a drink and a snack.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 10 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.