A circular 9.5 mile walk from Crowthorne Station passing through a variety of woodland, farmland and lakes
This walk (in the shape of a croissant) will initially take us alongside the railway line, through Ambarrow Hill woodland and Moor Green lake nature reserve where there is the opportunity to see a variety of wildlife.
After crossing farmland (where we may encounter a friendly horse) and passing through several wooded areas we will arrive in Finchampstead where we will eat our picnics on the grass opposite St James Church. After lunch there will also be the opportunity for a quick drink in the Queens Oak pub.
Refreshed, we will continue across some fields before eventually arriving at Finchampstead Ridges. We will weave through woodland managed by the National Trust before passing through Simons Wood. I have not been able find out who Simon was or how he had a wood named after him however Simon Woods (born 7 January 1980) is an English actor and writer best known for his role as Octavian in Season 2 of the British-American television series Rome and the 2005 Pride & Prejudice as Charles Bingley).
We will pass Heath pond and continue along Heath Ride past the Heritage Family Naturist Club before eventually returning back to Crowthorne Station.
Although relatively flat there are a few undulations and the path in areas is uneven. There may be some muddy areas depending on the recent weather.
Train from Reading departing 10:20 arriving 10:35. Return trains run on the hour.
Parking is available at Crowthorne Station for £2. Alternatively parking is available on residential streets in the area and is free (subject to parking legally or course).
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 15 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.