Something a little bit different for the group, this walk will be broken into two parts of 8 miles each. You have the choice of completing either one of the parts, taking place in the morning and afternoon respectively, or you can attempt to complete the full challenge and do the whole 16 miles!
Please note that you if you would like to complete the full challenge, you must sign up for both this walk, along with Part 2. Although the walk is classed as challenging, this is due to the additional length in Part 2, thus each part on its own is more moderate in nature.
This part will take us through Whitchurch and Beech Farm, on towards Whitchurch Hill. We will then head east to Collins End and down through Bottom Wood towards Mapledurham and back west to Hardwick House. We will look to pass Bozedown Farm where there will be an opportunity to hopefully see some alpacas before lunch just outside Whitchurch.
We will then return to Pangbourne depending on whether you choose to end your challenge here or if we have people joining just for Part 2.
Meet at Pangbourne Station for a 10:05am start. If coming from Reading and getting the train, please get the 9:53 getting into Pangbourne at 10:01. The walk leader will await the arrival of this train at Pangbourne station and if the train is delayed, then the start of the walk will also be delayed.
Limited parking is available at Pangbourne station, charges may apply.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please email email@example.com so that we can make your place available to someone else.