Something a little bit different for the group, this walk will be broken into two parts of 8 miles each. You have the choice of completing either one of the parts, taking place in the morning and afternoon respectively, or you can attempt to complete the full challenge and do the whole 16 miles!
Please note that you if you would like to complete the full challenge, you must sign up for both this walk, along with Part 1. Although the walk is classed as challenging, this is due to the additional length in Part 1, thus each part on its own is more moderate in nature.
This part of the challenge will take us out along the Thames Path towards Goring, where there will be the option to have a pub stop in Goring if time allows.
We will then head out of Goring and on to Great Chalk Wood where we will once again approach Cold Harbour and head south taking us back past Beech Farm and back to Whitchurch for a final pub stop.
There will be no lunch stop for this part of the walk, but please bring plenty of snacks and drink.
Meet at Pangbourne Station for a 2:05pm start. If coming from Reading and getting the train, please get the 13:55 getting into Pangbourne at 14:03. If the train is delayed, then the start of this part of the walk will also be delayed. The walk leader will also let anyone who is coming for this part only if we are running late from Part 1.
Limited parking is available at the station, charges may apply.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make your place available to someone else.