This picturesque linear walk covers a section of the historical Three Castles Path through Windsor Great Park, with the option to explore Windsor castle at the end.
We will begin by meeting at Ascot station at 09:45 and making our way through the town. It may be busy in Ascot, so be sure you keep an eye on the rest of the group.
Once we’ve made it out of Ascot, we’ll pass through some woods, and do a little road walking, before entering Windsor Great Park (more details here: https://www.windsorgreatpark.co.uk/en). Windsor Great Park is a huge estate full of historical monuments, woods, deer, and panoramic views!
We will stop for lunch somewhere in the park – please bring a packed lunch with you.
If you are interested in spotting deer, you might want to bring binoculars: on the recce we saw several stags, and a lone deer up close trying to cross the path! Please be aware that ticks can be present in areas with deer, see government guidance here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/694158/PHE_Tick_Leaflet.pdf.
Finally, we’ll walk up The Long Walk enjoying the astounding view of the castle as we approach.
I (the walk leader) intend to visit the castle after the walk – see the Windsor Castle Visit social event on the calendar to join me 😊
Get the 09:12 from Reading (09:26 from Wokingham) to Ascot 09:39. You can get the train back from Windsor Central station after the walk.
This walk is likely best done by public transport, but it is possible to do this walk by parking at either Ascot or Windsor, and catching the train or bus (see details here https://www.whitebus.co.uk/bus-services/01/)
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.