Hurstbourne Tarrant, Andover SP11 0AA
This fairly long quite strenuous trek tackles a lovely part of North Hampshire that has been rarely visited by our group in recent years.
We head in an easterly direction from the George and Dragon pub hitting the Test Way fairly early on. The Test Way is 44 mile long distance footpath that links up Walbury Hill, West Berkshire in the north to Eling, Hampshire in the south. Leaving the Test Way we head towards the village of Netherton before returning via a part of the Brenda Parker Way through a mixture of soft and hard terrain. Note we will be tackling some hills which although by themselves there are not especially strenuous collectively it makes the walk more suitable to those with a certain degree of fitness. Regulars in the group should be fine. Come on and join us in what you should be an exhilarating day out!
Potential pub stop at end of walk
Possible lift available for up to 3 people from walk leader from either Reading or en route to walk (i.e. Newbury
The number 7 bus to Andover departs Newbury wharf @9am. Please aight at Hurstbourne Tarrant and wait for car drivers to arrive. Please be prepared for a wait at end of walk, the pub could serve as a good “waiting room”.
Park in the village. The road to Vernham Dean could be a good option.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.