This circular 9.5 mile walk from Knowl Hill takes in a beautiful stretch of the Thames and some fantastic views
This walk takes in a stretch of the Thames that we rarely visit. Starting at Knowl Hill we’ll walk north passing through Warren Row before reaching the Thames Path at Hurley. Here we’ll stop to enjoy the views of the river whilst we eat our lunch. We will then follow the Thames path for a little way before visiting the Olde Bell in Hurley for a quick pub stop. Leaving Hurley our route takes us south through the High Wood, where a short ascent gives us great views of the surrounding area. We then visit Burchett’s Green before returning back to Knowl Hill.
After arriving in Knowl Hill please park in the lay-by by the tool shop and cafe (nearest postcode RG10 9UR). There should be plenty of space.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
- It is recommended that you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch gates/stiles/etc.
- Please be considerate to other path users and step aside to let people past – and don’t forget to say ‘hi’ or ‘thanks’!
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- If it’s a rainy day, please bring waterproofs.
- If it’s a hot sunny day, please bring plenty of water and wear sun cream and a sun hat!
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 20 walkers including the walk leader.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing this Google Form. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
- If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please use the link in your walk booking confirmation email so that we can make your place available to someone else.
- If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.