- This walk is limited to 24 walkers + the walk leader.
- Booking will open for this walk on the NIGHT OF WEDNESDAY 23rd JUNE.
- Do not turn up for a walk without prior booking, else we will have to turn you away
- Follow all safety advice given by the walk leader
- It is recommended you bring hand sanitizer or gloves in case you need to touch
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not
This is a fairly short walk with some ascent, but nothing too high or steep, heading northeast from Wargrave through the woodland towards Knowl Hill. We pass over our highest point at Bowsey Hill (137m) before descending again through the woods into Kiln Green. From there we skirt around the edge of Scarlett’s Wood, before picking up the footpath alongside the railway back into Twyford.
Meet at 9:50am at Wargrave station, upon the arrival of the 9:46 service from Twyford. From Reading, take the 9:22 service and change at Twyford. If driving, the best option is probably to park in Twyford so your car is at the end of the walk, and take the above train to the start point.
For those attending the Twyford Beer Festival social in the afternoon (which the walk leader intends to), the walk won’t arrive in Twyford in time for the festival opening at noon, but in plenty of time to enjoy the bulk of the afternoon there.
Please bring water to drink and a snack if you wish. As this is a short morning walk, there will be no lunch stop – although feel free to bring something to eat at the end, or those going straight on to the festival may wish to eat there.
NOTE: This is a linear walk
Book a place on this walk by completing the Google Form. We will only use the contact information you provide to get in touch about the walk, or to share if requested with NHS Test and Trace.
If after booking, you need to cancel your place on the walk, please email email@example.com so that we can make your place available to someone else
Please only contact the leader with queries about the walk or if you are delayed on the day.