Whether you have been many times before, or would be coming for your first time, the beauty of the coastline and countryside around Lulworth Cove will never cease to amaze and inspire. Come and join us in this gem on the Jurassic Coast where we will have our own resident geologist who will be able to explain the wonders of the rocky coastline around us. The walks have yet to be decided but we will look to include Durdle Door, the Stair Hole, the Fossil Forest and possibly some ventures further inland. Given the time of year, we may well be blessed with a beautiful sunset at the end of our walks.
We have exclusive hire of the YHA Lulworth Cove, which has a maximum capacity of 34 so we should have plenty to space. Final costs will be shared once final numbers are known, but, as an indication, and based on an occupancy of 20 people, the accommodation cost for the Friday and Saturday nights combined would be £38. For those who might not be so keen to stay in the YHA, then please feel free to book your own accommodation and come and join us on the walks – details of which to be provided.
Whilst I am optimistic that we will have sunshine, this is the UK and rainclouds are never far away, so please bring a pair of good walking boots and a full set of waterproofs.
- 7 miles Easy/Moderate: Winterbourne St Martin and some pre-Rome-ing
- 9.7 miles Moderate: Corfe Castle and the Ridge (400m ascent)
- 10 miles Moderate/Challenging: Mind the Tanks! The Lulworth Ranges and Tyneham abandoned village (650m ascent)
- 11 miles Moderate/Challenging: Swanage Circular (600m ascent)
- 7 miles Moderate: I went to see an old friend by the seaside, about a dog: I asked him what’s it…
- 8 miles Moderate: A right Jurassic Ramble through time…(370m ascent)
Sat Nav: BH20 5SA or 50.6250 -2.2400
Grid Ref: SY831806
NOTE: The deadline for reserving your place and making payment for the trip is 23rd September.