Theme 1 – Walk leading
“Experiences of walk leading – benefits and barriers”
● Have you led a walk before? How did it go? Share some of your positive experiences
● If not, why not? What are some of the barriers?
● Why do you think more people don’t lead?
Theme 2 – Being a Rambler
“How can we encourage more Ramblers – what stops people from joining”
● Why did you join Ramblers?
● What’s your experience of new members trying out a Ramblers walk/group?
● What does the Ramblers mean to you?
● Why do you think some people don’t want to join?
Theme 3 – Promoting your group
“Promoting your group”
● Have you asked your friends to join? – what do they say?
● How do you sell/promote your group
Theme 4 – Sharing experiences and best practice
“Learning from other groups”
● What’s the best thing about your group?
● What doesn’t work so well – what would you like to change?
Theme 5 – Ramblers campaigns
“How do people connect with the campaigning side of Ramblers?”
● Are you aware of any Ramblers campaigns? can you name or describe any?
● How engaged do you feel with the campaigning side of the Ramblers?
● Would you like to do more for the Ramblers?
○ What might be stopping you?
Theme 6 – How do we keep Ramblers relevant
“Building for the future”
● How do you think Ramblers stacks up against other outdoor groups?
● Do you think that Ramblers is appealing to/meets the needs of the younger generations?
○ why/why not
● How could the Ramblers better keep in touch with its volunteers?
● What could make it more attractive, given the competition that exists for outdoor activities