Find public transport resources, links and advice for getting to walks. Many of our walks start from places served by adequate public transport services, though the level of provision, timetables and routes will vary depending upon walk location. Walk descriptions include reference to public transport where applicable. If you drive to our events, please consider joining our car-sharing scheme and giving someone a lift.
This pages includes:
- Public Transport Overview
- Sundays & Reduced Timetables
- Public Transport Information and Website Links
- Car Sharing Scheme (Members only)
Public Transport: Overview
- Where possible, walks start close to adequate transport services near to railway stations and bus routes. For those people without access to own transport, we offer a Car Sharing Scheme where people can join.
- Please make allowance for walk start times and ensure arrival before the advertised start time. Walk descriptions often include advice on bus routes and arrival times at stations in time for walks.
Sundays & Reduced Timetables
- Please check availability and frequency of public transport services for Sunday walks. Timetables and schedules can differ from peak and other times of the week. Check information links below.
- There may also be engineering works or route diversions, so please check public transport notices. Engineering works can take place at anytime of the year, especially during Bank Holiday weekends.
Public Transport Information Resources
- Useful links to local public transport information providers.
- Berkshire Walkers is not responsible for third party website content, nor do we endorse external websites.
For public transport route planners
For train timetables and information
For bus timetables and information
Car Sharing Scheme (Members only)
- Berkshire Walkers have put together a car sharing scheme using a Google Group account. This facility allows members to offer, or ask for lifts to any particular walk or social by posting a message to the group.
- We use a closed group to help prevent your address, etc… being publically available online.
- If you would like to participate in this car sharing scheme, either to offer receive lifts, please send an email with subject of JOIN to transport (at) berkshirewalkers.co.uk. In the main text of the email, please provide your ramblers membership number and indicate whether you are a car owner.
- Please allow time for your membership details to be confirmed before your invitation and joining instructions are dispatched.
- This scheme will only work with the participation of our membership so let’s see those JOIN emails!